A team’s spot in the tournament is confirmed only once the entry form and fee is received by us.
- The absolute cut-off for entry fee payment is the Monday preceding the tournament, granted the division is not already sold out.
- Teams that have not paid by Monday prior to the tournament will not be included in the schedule.
- You are only guaranteed a spot in our tournament if payment is received by us either by mail or by paying online.
- Signing up, but not paying does not guarantee your spot for the tournament. We do not accept deposits.
Many of our tournaments sell out well in advance, we advise that you pay your entry fee as soon as you can, to ensure that you lock up a spot.
Before entering a tournament, make sure your team has no other conflicts on listed tournament dates. NW Nations will do our best to help your team out but we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate any special requests.
Teams need to be prepared to play at 8:00 am each day of the tournament. For three day tournaments, your team should be prepared to play at any time on all three days of the tournament.
Game Schedule Request Policies:
- All schedule requests must be submitted in writing via email by team manager.
- Schedule requests are NOT guaranteed (We try to accommodate whenever we possibly can).
- Out of state or out of area teams are given priority for later game times requests in order to give those teams time to get to the tournament site.
- Schedule requests pertain only to the first day of the tournament event.
- Schedule requests must be submitted 7 days prior to start of tournament play and will not be considered if submitted during the week of the start of the event. (Ex: If tournament play begins on a Saturday, game time requests are not accepted after Sunday.
- Once brackets are posted schedule requests will not be accepted and any changes will be made only in the case of tournament director error.
Start times for all teams will be posted on this website and on our mobile app. Team contacts will also be notified by e-mail. In most cases, start times will be released on Tuesday prior to a tournament.
Withdrawing from a tournament:
- The deadline for withdrawing from a tournament and requesting an entry fee refund is 60 days prior to the first scheduled day of the event.
- If a team withdraws less than 60 days prior to the first scheduled day of an event but before 45 days prior to the first scheduled day of the event the team is eligible to receive a full entry fee credit.
- If a team withdraws less than 45 days prior to the first scheduled day of an event the team is eligible for a 50% tournament credit if we are able to fill the team's spot. If the spot does not fill, the team will not be eligible for a credit or refund.
**Entry fee credits, either full or half are valid for the current season only. If they are not used during the current season, they will be forfeited.
**An administration fee of $25 will be deducted from all refunds.
2020 (Covid-19) Season: Numerous tournaments were cancelled due to state and local Covid-19 restrictions in 2020. Refunds or credits were offered for teams that had paid entry fees.
- The last day to request and receive a refund for 2020 tournaments was 12/31/2020.
- All credits issued for 2020 tournaments must be used during the 2021 Spring/Summer season.
- Any credits from 2020 not used during the 2021 Spring/Summer season will be forfeited.
- Note: The 2021 Spring/Summer Season ends on 9/1/2021.
It is the team's responsibility to contact NW Nations by e-mail only, not phone or text that you would like to withdraw from a particular tournament and receive a confirmation by email from NW Nations.
- All Refunds due will be processed and mailed no later than 10 days after the scheduled completion date of the tournament.
- All Credits are valid for the same season that they are issued only.
We will make every effort to play all tournament games, we want to play them as much as you do! If we were to experience weather that was determined by the field staff, tournament director or umpires to be severe enough to pose a player safety concern, we will delay games until conditions improve, cancel games or cancel the entire tournament if necessary.
The ultimate decision on whether we can begin play or continue play is made by the parks department. If the weather is questionable the day of an event, coaches should call the NW Nations Weather line for updates. Please restrict the calls to one person per team so that everyone can get through if needed.
The NW Nations Weather line is: 503-799-5737
We will also update the status on the game schedule page of this website and also through our tournament app.
Initial updates are recorded at 6:45 AM each day, subsequent updates will be added as needed. Unfortunately, those playing the first games of the day are at a disadvantage because we may not have the information on the field status updated before you must leave. Sometimes it is a "game time" decision.
PLEASE CONSIDER ALL GAMES PLAYABLE UNLESS UPDATES INDICATE OTHERWISE. Weather related decisions will typically be made the day of the scheduled games. We will not make any decisions prior to the day of the scheduled games unless the park notifies us that the fields are shut down.
Championship awards in rain-shortened events: We will give out Championship awards if a team has reached the Championship Game only. A tournament is not won by the team with the best pool play record, so in events where no championship game is held, no awards will be distributed.
If the tournament is cancelled due to inclement weather prior to the start of the tournament each team will receive a full refund, less $75 to cover administrative costs.
If a tournament is cancelled once tournament play has begun,
- No games played – Full Refund, less $75 Admin fee.
- 1 game played – 50% Entry Fee Refund, less $75 Admin fee.
- 2 games played – No Refund.
Any game that has started is considered to be a full game for refund purposes.
Refund Request: Because teams frequently simply transfer their fees to other events, NW Nations Baseball DOES NOT automatically refund team fees. We find this only creates more confusion; therefore, we ask that teams to”REQUEST a REFUND” through our website by clicking here. Refunds are processed as soon as reasonably possible.
If a tournament or division is cancelled by NW Nations due to lack of teams, all teams in that tournament or division will receive a full refund of the entry fee.
Generally, an age group/ bracket will be held as long as there are at least three paid teams in a given age bracket.
NW Nations reserves the right to combine age brackets. (Example: 9u with 10u playing in one division.) This decision will be based on the number of teams that enter into each bracket. Generally, an age group/ bracket will be held as long as there are at least three paid teams in a given age bracket.
In the event that a tournament entry fee check is returned unpaid from the payer’s bank for any reason, the writer of the check will have five business days to re-submit the payment in full plus any bank fees incurred by NW Youth Baseball due to the the dishonored check. The only forms of payment accepted will be credit card, money order, cashiers check or cash. Personal or business checks will NOT be accepted under any circumstances. No check returned to NW Youth Baseball LLC will be re-deposited.
If after 5 business days of written notice the debt is not paid in full, we will submit the dishonored check to the District Attorney’s Office Check Enforcement Program for possible criminal prosecution. We will exercise all available legal means, civil and/or criminal to collect the debt owed. In the event that a team has submitted a check that has been dishonored, any future tournament entry fees will need to be paid by credit card, money order, cashiers check or cash only, personal or business checks will NOT be accepted under any circumstances.
NW Nations does not organize teams.
NW Nations provides rules for play and a tournament structure for teams that register to participate in NW Nations events that are overseen by NW Nations Directors. We encourage parents (and guardians) who determine the team for a youth team participant, the adult team participants (such as team coaches or team sponsors) of a team, the community organizations who are involved in the organization, creation or management of such teams to thoroughly investigate and screen the background and character of the individuals who coach, manage, volunteer or otherwise come into contact with such teams and their minor participants and to vigilantly supervise any and all activities of any youth team with which they are associated.
Background checks are available, among other places, on-line for a small fee and NW Nations encourages those actually responsible for team activities and the parents (guardians) of youth athletic team members to utilize such tools to limit the exposure of youth athletes to those who might pose a danger.
Because NW Nations is not an organizer, manager or creator of teams, it does not in any way take responsibility for the organization, creation, management or any other activity of the teams (customers) that register to play in NW Nations tournaments, except to provide the opportunity to play NW Nations events under NW Nations rules and overseen by a NW Nations director. Teams that participate in NW Nations events are customers of NW Nations and no more.
When a team chooses to participate in a NW Nations activity, the team, its players, coaches, volunteers, organizers, and its parents and fans must abide by rules found in the NW Nations Rule book posted on our web site.
Since NW Nations has nothing to do with the practice sessions of a team, choosing of team coaches, the picking of which team to play for, the activities with respect to any other body, or any other activities of a team (but simply provides registered participation in NW Nations directed activities). NW Nations takes no responsibility for any such other non-NW Nations event activities of any team.
While NW Nations is not responsible for checking the background of each of its customers (including the coaches of the baseball teams that participate in NW Nations events), those convicted or charged with a violent felony or a sex offense with a minor are automatically suspended from all NW Nations activities (until found innocent or the charges are dropped).
Thus, if you are aware of someone who has been charged with or convicted of a violent felony or a sex crime with a minor and that someone may be in any way involved in a NW Nations activity, you should immediately inform the NW Nations Director and upon being provided with proof of such charges or conviction, that individual will be automatically suspended from all NW Nations activities.
For example, if you do a background check on a coach before joining a team and find evidence that he has been charged with having sex with a minor, you should report this to your NW Nations Director, or NW Nations Sports Office, even though you have decided to play for another team.
If you are aware of any one who has committed a violent felony or has had sex with a minor that has not been charged, you are obligated to report those crimes to the proper authorities and you should do so immediately.
NW Nations Baseball does not in any way allow or tolerate the abuse of children. If you know or suspect any child abuse (including sexual abuse or molestation) you must report it immediately to NW Nations Baseball at (503) 352-5315.
NW Nations Baseball will conduct an investigation, keeping the safety of the children as the first priority. Knowing of instances of abuse and not reporting them may be grounds for dismissal and may result in legal liability. NW Nations Baseball will then notify the proper authorities regarding the allegations. NW Nations Baseball has the right to immediately suspend the accused party from participation in any NW Nations Baseball activity pending the outcome of the investigation.