We really appreciate you choosing to play in the NW Nations King of the NW Tournament this weekend! As always, NW Nations staff will be at all sites at all times, please do not hesitate to if you need anything, we will be happy to assist you in any way that we can.
Get game scores and schedule updates throughout the weekend with the NW Nations Tourney Machine App!
For all NW Nations Tournaments you can receive score and schedule updates via text or e-mail or best of all straight to your mobile device by downloading the tournament app.
You can download the tournament mobile app by going directly to http://www.tourneymachine.com/R37239 on your mobile device.
None of the following are allowed in the parks:
This includes players and spectators.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Use of tobacco and tobacco products are prohibited.
The following are not allowed on the artificial turf fields:
- Sunflower seeds or other shelled nuts.
- Chewing gum.
- Smoking or tobacco products of any kind.
- Beverages except water.
Please help us keep the dugouts and fields clean. Park Staff and Nations Staff will check dugouts during and after each game.
Tournament Apparel and Souvenirs: NW Nations will have t-shirts, hoodies, beanies, caps, necklaces etc. available to purchase at the Hillsboro Stadium Complex near fields 1, 2, 3. Cash or credit card accepted.
***Attention, the Hillsboro Hops are in town and will playing games on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon in Tonkin Stadium. During these times, the park will get much busier than usual and they will be charging for parking. If you let the parking attendants know that you are with the NW Nations baseball tournament they have been instructed to let you park for free.***
Fort Bayou BBQ will be grilling up some great food near fields 5 and 6 this weekend, give them a try!
Game days and locations:
We will be using two locations for games this weekend. It is our desire that you enjoy a fun and relaxing weekend of competitive baseball, rather than driving all over town so no teams will be switching complexes during the tournament.
-All 16u, 13u, 12u, 11u and 10u games will be played at the Hillsboro Stadium/ Gordon Faber Complex.
-All 14u games will be played at Bond field at Pacific University.
Both locations will have NW Nations Staff present at all times and will be professionally maintained throughout the tournament.
Directions to the fields can be found by scrolling to the bottom of this page.
Weather: We will make every effort to play all tournament games, we want to play them as much as you do! If we were to experience weather that was determined by the field staff, tournament director or umpires to be severe enough to pose a player safety concern, we will delay games until conditions improve, cancel games or cancel the entire tournament if necessary. The ultimate decision on whether we can begin play or continue play is made by the parks department.
You can call the NW Nations Weather line for updates: (503) 799-5737. Please restrict the calls to one person per team so that everyone can get through if needed.
We will also update the status on the game schedule page of this website. Please Click Here. and also through the tournament app. Initial updates are recorded at 6:45 AM each day, subsequent updates are added as needed. Unfortunately, those playing the first games of the day are at a disadvantage because we may not have the information on the field status updated before you must leave. Sometimes it is a "game time" decision. PLEASE CONSIDER ALL GAMES PLAYABLE UNLESS UPDATES INDICATE OTHERWISE.
Weather related decisions will typically be made the day of the scheduled games. We will not make any decisions prior to the day of the scheduled games unless the park notifies us that the fields are shut down.
Parking: Parking is allowed in designated parking areas only.
RV Parking: Sorry, overnight parking is not allowed at the parks.
Game Score Updates: We will be updating game scores throughout the day on the tournament app and on our website as games are completed. Please click here for updated game scores.
Sunday Bracket Schedule: As seeding games are completed we will be placing teams into brackets on the tournament app and on our website. You will be able to find the Sunday game times by clicking here.
Scheduling: NW Nations makes every attempt to keep the tournament on schedule, on occasion due to circumstances this is not possible. Directors reserve the right to change any game time, playing field or dates or to make other changes necessary to conduct the tournament.
When circumstances arise where we can start a game early throughout the day, teams must be prepared to start up to 30 minutes before their scheduled game time, this is to keep the tournament moving along at all times.
NW Nations Baseball expects good sportsmanship from players, coaches and spectators before, during, and after all events.
Team Check-in: Please check in prior to your first game and receive your tournament packet.
Hillsboro Stadium Complex
-If your first game is on field 1, 2 or 3: please check-in at the blue tent near the playground.
-If your first game is on fields 4, 5 or 6: please check in at the blue tent between field 5 and field 6.
-If your first game is at the Stadium Field: Tournament staff will deliver your tournament packet to you at your dugout.
Pacific University Field
-If your first game is at Bond Field: Tournament staff will deliver your tournament packet to you at your dugout.
Hillsboro Stadium Complex
- All 10u, 11u, 13u games will be played on natural dirt and grass fields utilizing portable pitching mounds. Most 12u games will be natural grass and dirt, a few will be played on artificial turf.
- No metal cleats allowed for 12u and under teams.
- The Stadium field is to the North, located within the football stadium. This field is full turf and will have a portable mound. Metal cleats are allowed on this field. No metal cleats on the portable mound please. No sunflower seeds on fields or dugouts, please.
Pacific University Field
- Bond Field at Pacific University has an artificial turf infield, natural grass outfield, dirt mound and artificial turf batter's box. Metal cleats are allowed on this field. No sunflower seeds on fields or dugouts, please. The Pacific coach crawls the field looking for seeds between games, seriously, please help us out and do not bring seeds into the park, please!
- Parking is a little tricky if you have not been here before. The best place to park at Bond Field is just beyond the outfield fence in the parking lot near the skate park. Just enter off of Main street and continue past the skate park, parking is on the right.
Birth Certificates: Please make sure that you have copies of birth certificates for all players with you at the fields.
Dugouts are not assigned; the first team to arrive has choice of dugouts.
Warm-ups: The park will open at 7:00 AM both Saturday and Sunday. Teams playing the first games of the day can warm up on the outfield of the field that they will be playing on. Do not plan on warming up on the fields during the day as we will make every effort to stay on schedule. No taking infield allowed for tournament play.
Line-Up Cards: Each team is expected to present a line-up card to the plate umpire at the pregame conference.
Game Balls: NW Nations will be supplying all game balls.
Pitching Charts: Pitching Charts will be in your coach packet that you will receive at check-in. Please keep track of how many outs each of your pitchers throws and turn your chart in at the tournament tent at the end of each day.
Post Game: We make every effort to stay on schedule. At the end of your game please be considerate and vacate your dugout promptly so that we can get the next team in. Team meetings need to take place outside the fences!
Nations Bat Rules: Umpires and tournament staff will be checking bats for compliance prior to and during games throughout the tournament.
9u-13u Age Divisions: No bat size restrictions. All Bats must be certified by the manufacturer to meet a Bat Performance Factor of 1.15 or less and must bear the BPF 1.15 stamp or new USA Bat stamp. All (-3) bats must be BBCOR approved and bear the BBCOR stamp.
14u Division: Only (-3) and (-5 ) bats are allowed. All (-5) bats must bear the BPF 1.15 stamp or the new USA Bat stamp. All (-3) bats must be BBCOR approved and bear the BBCOR stamp.
16u Division: Only (-3) bats are allowed. All (-3) bats must be BBCOR approved and bear the BBCOR stamp.
Tournament Rules: Please click on the "Tournament Rules" box near the bottom left of this page for tournament rules.
- Concessions will be available at the Hillsboro Stadium complex except during the Hops Games.
- Fort Bayou BBQ will be offering great food near fields 5 and 6 this weekend at the Stadium Complex.
- No concessions will be available at Pacific University.
- You are welcome to bring food and non-alcoholic drinks into the parks.
- NW Nations does not charge entrance fees at our tournaments, come out and watch!
- Well behaved and attended dogs on a leash are welcome at all parks. Dogs are not allowed inside the stadiums at the Hillsboro complex or the stadium at Pacific University.
Thanks for Playing the best in tournament baseball.. NW Nations Baseball
Weekend Events, Life Long Memories!
Hillsboro Stadium/ Gordon Faber Complex.
Bond Field at Pacific University.