NW Nations Office Staff
Position Description – Administrative Assistant
Title: NW Nations Youth Baseball Administrative/ Marketing Assistant
Employer: NW Nations Youth Tournament Baseball
Reports to: Owner/ Director
Commitment: Part Time/Seasonal: 2-4 days per week and some weekends, December- October.
Working Hours: Flexible, 12-24 hours available on weekdays. Monday-Friday (9:00 am- 4:00 pm) Additional weekend hours may be available at times. Saturday-Sunday (6:30 am- 10:00 pm)
Office Location: Cornelius, OR
Support the Owner/ Director with various aspects of the day-to-day and weekend event operations. Hours and days will vary based on need. The Administrative Assistant is a temporary/seasonal independent contractor position.
• Assisting with Promoting and marketing all aspects of NW Nations Tournament Baseball.
• Research teams, events, and sports organizations, online and by phone.
• Answer phone and e-mail inquiries, review mail.
• Establish and maintain team contact database and event sign-up databases.
• Answer questions from players, coaches and parents related to Nations tournaments by having a thorough knowledge of NW Nations rules, policies and operations.
• Proactively contact and respond to teams, team’s managers and coaches about their responsibilities regarding Nations team registration before and after registering for tournaments. This communication entails email and phone calls.
• Provide inventory control and distribution management for event equipment and supplies.
• Plan, prepare and pack materials and supplies for events including event t-shirts, balls, awards and merchandise and equipment.
• Contribute to website and social media content.
• Prepare monthly Newsletter and E-blasts using an online e-mail marketing platform.
• Prepare marketing materials and event programs.
• Work with event hotels and sponsors.
• Work as weekend tournament staff when necessary or as needed. Some out of town travel opportunities may be available.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Enjoy working with children in a sports environment.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Effective organizational skills for managing multiple tasks.
• Friendly and professional demeanor.
• Good telephone personality.
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, Google Spreadsheets, Outlook, Social Media.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work long hours.
• Ability to work in varying climates including cold, heat, and various forms of precipitation.
• Reliable transportation.
• Ability to work weekends.
• Must be able to pass a background check.
Please review the above requirements and send a resume with cover letter detailing why you are a good fit for this position to: email@example.com
Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers. No Phone Calls please.
NW NATIONS TOURNAMENT BASEBALL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state equal employment opportunity laws.