NW Nations Event Staff
Position Description-Event Staff
|Title:||NW Nations Youth Baseball Event Staff|
|Employer:||NW Nations Tournament Baseball|
|Reports to:||Owner/ Director|
|Commitment:||Weekends and occasional weekdays From March - October as needed.|
|Working Hours:||Varies from early morning to late evening|
|Locations:||Various locations in Oregon and Washington (Some Travel may be necessary)|
Tournament staff provides operational functions before, during, and after events. Tournament staff will assist with field and site set-up and take down, team registration, collecting scores, sales of merchandise, customer service, inventory, and other roles necessary for the operation of the event. Tournament staff interacts directly with teams, coaches, spectators, and officials during the event and act as initial points of contact for participants. Tournament staff are independent contractors and are hired on a per event basis as needed.
- Create a positive tournament experience for fans and participants.
- Contribute to positive and productive environment for NW Nations staff.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Maintain knowledge of policies regarding payment and security practices.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Maintain records related to sales.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Help customers fit merchandise.
- Assist with field set up and maintenance, including setting mounds and bases, raking, chalking, dragging fields, hanging banners and any other tasks as needed.
- Assist with unloading and booth set up.
- Assist with team check-in prior to start of event.
- Answer coach and spectator questions regarding the event rules, format and schedule.
- Collect and record game scores.
- Distribute baseballs to umpires.
- Assist in managing umpires.
- Keep tournament brackets updated and accurate.
- Assist with arranging proper medical attention in the case of emergencies.
- Assist in resolving any conflicts amicably.
- Help with breakdown including mound removal, booth dismantle and organizing merchandise.
- Help loading at the conclusion of event.
- Knowledge of youth baseball and thorough understanding of NW Nations rules and policies.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work long shifts.
- Ability to work in varying climates including cold, heat, and various forms of precipitation.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work weekends.
Please review the above requirements and send a resume with cover letter detailing why you are a good fit for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers. No Phone Calls please.
NW NATIONS TOURNAMENT BASEBALL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state equal employment opportunity laws.